Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Best Books Read in 2008

I started thinking about the books I’ve read over the past year and realized this is a pretty tough decision. For non-fiction books Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Renin was certainly the most inspiring. I laughed the most reading the short stories by Ryan Boudinot collected in The Littlest Hitler. Of course, I may be biased as he writes about my hometown and a summer job I once had. My latest favorite mystery author is Ian Rankin, although Kate Atkinson comes in a close second.

I did not read a book this year that would knock anything off my top ten favorite fiction books. The book that came the closest was The Yiddish Policemen’s Union by Michael Chabon. Any suggestions for good fiction books out there that I missed?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this list, as well as the lists you have in the margin of your blog! They are inspiring me to read something. :)

Siladitya Banerjee said...

Wow!!! nice books r posted in ur blog.
BPO work from home

Anonymous said...

Ryan Boudinot's coming out with a novel! It's called MISCONCEPTION... should be available in the early fall.